1. Well: “Well” can be used in a few different ways. You can use it to show that you’re thinking.
Example: “Well… , you can use my bike”
2. Hmm: “Hmm” is a thoughtful sound, and it shows that you’re thinking or trying to decide something.
Example: “Hmm, I like your suggestion but I think I’ll buy the blue one instead.”
3. Like: “Like” is sometimes used to mean something is not exact.
Example: “My friend has like ten dogs.”
4. You see: “You see” is used to share a fact that you assume the listener doesn’t know.
Example: “I was going to watch the movie, but you see, I lost my wallet and couldn’t purchase the tickets”
5. Believe me: “Believe me” is a way of asking your listener to trust what you’re saying.
Example: “Believe me, I didn’t want this non-smartphone, but it was the only one I could afford.”